Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Wow! 17.5 months

It's been a while since we've had any adoption milestones for Aaden but today is a big one to me. He was 17.5 months old when he was placed in our arms in Russia. Today, he has been home with us for 17.5 months. Every day moving forward he will have spent more of his life with his family than without.

I can't believe how big he has gotten now. He went from being just 17 lbs and not on the charts for either height/weight to being well on the charts. He was delayed in just about everything and now he is considered ahead in gross motors skills and some other areas according to his EI teachers. We are just still working on his speech (which he is still behind but has made so many leaps and bounds over the last few months that I don't think it will be long before he has caught up).

He will be 3 next month and we have decided to put him in preschool after the winter break in January. He is becoming so independant so quickly and mama is having a harder time with it than he is! But I am so proud of him and feel so blessed to be his mother.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I am adopting in Bryansk right now doing an independent adoption. I would love your email address! The video of trip 3 brought tears and was inspiring. Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I adopted in 2006, my son, and am now trying to adopt a girl in Bryansk. Please email me at karyo69@aol.com.
Kerry