Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's a...


GIRL!!!!!!


Yes, pink is our new favorite color :) We got the call on Friday so I apologize for the delay in posting but I needed to tell some family first before they all read it on the Internet! It was so unbelievable to finally get that call and it's indescribable how happy it made us. I wrote the following on Friday in the newness of it all because I wanted to capture that pure joy to someday show our little girl. So here it is:

It's a Girl! We think. Here's the situation. There is a baby girl in Bryansk that will be off the domestic adoption list on March 3rd. So between now and then there is a slight possibility that she could be adopted by a Russian couple like our last match but at this point, that doesn't happen very often. So what are the chances that it will happen to us twice? I'm choosing to think positive here.
For some reason I never felt confident about the last match and never felt in my heart I was going to get that call. I DESPERATELY wanted that call but I didn't feel it. This time is totally different and I have tears in my eyes as I'm writing this because I just feel so thankful for this and I truly feel like this is the right one for us. That this is our baby girl. So please keep us in your prayers that all will go as planned this time and we will get the paperwork on March 3rd and be traveling to Russia around March 10th to meet her. I still can't believe I am writing this. After 3.5 years of trying to build our family one way or another I am finally letting my guard down and am so truly happy that I am going to be a mommy really soon.The look in Michael's eyes when I told him we were going to have a little girl was so priceless. I've waited so long to see that. Okay, now I am crying, but it's a good cry :)
Thanks to everyone for sharing in all our ups and downs until this point. We are so happy to finally have some great news to share with everyone! I'll keep you posted.


5 comments:

JackieMacD said...

Lori!!! I've been waiting until you posted something... SO thrilled for you and Michael. I can't wait to see all the photos of you guys meeting your little one.

Love you guys,
Jackie, Jeff, Jacob & Brady (and soon Lucy)

Melissa said...

oh congrats, congrats. do you have any pictures of her or know her age? you must be over the moon. i am surprised they can tell you about a kid that is not quite yet off the registry.

Anonymous said...

My heart is so heavy with love and happiness for this news, reading the blog totally made me cry with sheer joy for both you,Michael and of course Ryan. This is a family that is totally coming together in love.
Love,
Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy/excited for you both. I'm always checking out your website and reading the latest news. We can't wait to meet her!

Congratulations again!
Love,
Michele and Gary

Bre said...

Lori and Mike- This is amazing news! Congratulations! We are so thrilled for you both and hope that the rest as the process goes as smoothly as possible. When will you know more about the age of the child and when you get to go?? Yeah!!! :)

Bre and Pete