Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Still Waiting...

I guess February will not be our month to travel to meet our child. We were told last Friday that the person at the Ministry of Education that gives out the travel dates had been out sick. Now I just got a call today that they are still out sick and won't be back until Monday the 18th. Since that is a holiday in the U.S. and our adoption agency is closed, the earliest possible time we'll hear now is the 19th.

It stinks but, what can I do? At least I know now and won't be jumping every time the phone rings over the next few days. It's a small thing to be thankful for but it helps :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the old saying, long waiters get better tips!

As long as you know what the results will be, it is very worth waiting for, so don't let it get you down. (Easy for me to say)

Sometimes it does not go the way we want it to go, it goes the way God planned it to go and in the long run, his way is always better.

Love,
Aunt Kathy

Bre said...

The waiting must be killing you two. I can only imagine. But talk about worth the wait!!

Bre and Pete

JackieMacD said...

Oh man, Lori—I know how hard the wait must be. I'm thinking of you constantly. Soon you'll be running after your little one and the wait will be just a memory.

xo
-J
taiwanlucy.blogspot.com