Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.

Monday, December 1, 2008

6 months to be thankful for

Six months ago, June 2nd, Michael and I walked into the Klintsy baby home and were united with Aaden. Our lives were changed forever and I will always be grateful that this little boy became our son that day. So for six months together, here are six things that I am thankful for:

-For his birth mother and father, who we will probably never get to meet, for creating such a beautiful, playful, creative little boy. I know in a difficult situation, they made a hard choice, and I will be forever grateful for their strength.

-For our family and friends, who got us through the hard times and shared in the good times that came along with the roller coaster ride of international adoption.

-For Aaden's health, there are so many question marks that come along with premature babies born so small and I am thankful Aaden has overcome the odds and his doctors found him in good health.

-For Aaden's smile, it brighten my day, everyday.

-For Aaden's laugh, it is never far away because he cracks himself up all the time :)

-For Aaden, how lucky we are that he was the child we were matched with. I couldn't imagine anyone else more perfect for us than him.

Here are some new photo's of our little man...

Aaden recently learned to pants himself!


All dressed up for Thanksgiving

Helping us pack


Loves to wear daddy's shoes


so sweet!

So you'll notice no glasses in these pictures. Someone's been refusing to wear them lately.


5 comments:

Scott & Tammi said...

He is so adorable! I can't wait to meet him. I love seeing the pictures and reading about his progress.

Our Family said...

Hi Lori,
Aaden looks so handsome in his Thanksgiving outfit! Good luck with the glasses battle.
It's amazing how perfectly our new children fit with us. I feel the same way with Angelina being a perfect match as you do with Aaden!
Adrian

Anonymous said...

Well I have seen Aaden in action, sad, happy and he is a living doll with a personality to match. I must say he really does give his mom and dad a run for their money and his grammie, but at the end of the day, you can just see how happy this little guy is, watching him at Thanksgiving was great, "Aaden you've got it made", love you.
Aunt Kathy

Christine and Stephen said...

Hi Lori:

He is such a cutie!!! I love the "pants himself" picture!!! 6months seems to have passed so quickly... I can't believe it. I love reading the blog and seeing where you were when I first "met" you and how things are today - gives me hope for where we may be a year from now!!!
Christine

Jenny said...

Hi Lori,
I don't know if you remember me??? We adopted Luke, from Russia as well, and my hubby and our bundle of joy were there about the same time as your family. Unfortunately, we never had a chance to meet, as we adopted from Vladivostok and had a courier do the Moscow leg of the trip. Anyway, with that said...I LOVE looking at the old photos and then the new ones! Aaden has grown so much in 6 months!!! It truly is amazing isn't it? Can you believe they have been home since June??? Where on earth did that time go?

HUGS,
Jenny, Ron, Ryan & Luke :)