Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

First ER trip with Aaden and progress on our next adoption

I was determined to get the profile book done this weekend for our next adoption because I have a meeting with the agency on Wednesday for them to approve it. It contains a lot of pictures and I was trying to get some outside pictures of our house/yard on Saturday afternoon while Michael played with Aaden in the yard. I was standing in the corner of our yard that goes slightly downhill. Aaden decided he wanted to come play with me and started running towards me. Well, I was looking at the camera, he was looking at me, and neither of us noticed he was starting to run down hill. Before we knew it he had tripped. Of course he couldn't have fallen on all the nice soft grass surrounding almost every inch around us. He fell and hit his head smack on the one foot area of rock sticking out of the ground.

Poor baby didn't even know what hit him and poor mama looked down and saw blood and I have never been so terrified in my life. Luckily Michael is not as emotional in these situations and took over. I ran in the house to get some first aid stuff and by the time Michael brought him in one whole side of his face was covered in blood. I nearly (or maybe I did) flipped out. I bandaged him up as quickly as I could and we got him in the car for his first ER trip. By the time we got to the hospital it had almost stopped bleeding and Aaden was acting like nothing was wrong, so I was feeling a little better. 3 stiches and 4 hours later we had all survived the first ER trip. I know looking back now that it wasn't a huge deal, most kids get stiches for an accident at some point. But seeing him like that was the worst feeling I have ever had in my life. He was a trooper though and did so great through the whole experience. I'm so proud of my brave little boy. He even let me change his bandages today without much of a fuss.

I finally finished my draft of the profile book and pictures today and am just about ready for my adoption agency meeting on Wenesday. If all goes well, I will have nothing left to do but sit back and wait for the state to approve our homestudy in the next couple of weeks. Then we will be officially waiting for our child and making Aaden a big brother!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

oh my goodness. i would have been a mess too. i remember the ER trip, but at least she wasnt bleeding, just limping and crying