Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Home Sweet Home

After a long day of traveling we are finally home with Aaden! He did really well for a 1.5 year old that was woken up at 2am to go to the airport and then travelled all day. The 8 hour time difference is throwing us all off (if you wondered why I'm posting at 4:45am) but he slept from 5pm-1 and then I just got him back down again at 4. Hopefully tonight we can get him to sleep at a later time so he can start sleeping during the night.

It's so great to finally have him home with us and try to get ourselves into a "normal" life. Hotel living with a baby is not always fun. Yesterday Aaden met 3 of his grandparents (my mom & dad, and Michael's mom) and he was charming them already. Later on today he will get to meet his big brother, Ryan. I can't wait to have us all together. I know Aaden will just love him. Ryan is just like his father. They are both kid magnets. All Ryan's little cousins just love him so I know Aaden is going to be quite taken with his big bro too.

Hopefully I will be able to download pictures of Aaden from this last trip later today and get them up on the site. I will do it as soon as possible because I know many of you are dying to see them. It was just too hard to do in Russia this time because I never had enough time. I was too busy chasing after my son :)

3 comments:

JackieMacD said...

"I was too busy chasing after my son"

The best words in the world, aren't they??? I'm so excited for you guys. You're finally together! I want to hear everything and yes, I'm dying for pics.

We can't wait to visit this summer and meet Aaden and see his parents. Congrats!

XOXO

Melissa said...

oh my, where have I been? Congrats on making it across the big ocean. hopefully he handled the plane ride ok.

Christine and Stephen said...

Your son!!! Isn't that just so great to write and say!!!!

Welcome home to you all - sounds like things went VERY well while in Russia and on the trip home!!!

So excited for you Lori!
Christine