Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.

Friday, June 6, 2008

Saying Good-bye (for now) to Russia

It is 8:30pm here and we will be leaving the hotel in 6 hours. Michael and Aaden are upstairs fast asleep. They already make a great pair ;) We had the US Embassy appointment and got Aaden's Russian passport today so we are all set to travel. Our flight takes off in Moscow at 5:30am and we arrive in Boston about 16 hour later. It's a long way for a 1 year old that didn't get a whole night's sleep but I hope he does okay. It's been good just the three of us as we get to know him but we are ready to be home and to see everyone. Saturday afternoon can't come soon enough now!

Russia has been a great experience and I loved both Bryansk and Moscow. We have spent so much time here in the last 2 months that I will miss it. The people and the towns are beautiful. Getting to know our son here was amazing and Russia will always have a special place in my heart. But we will be back when Aaden is old enough. And maybe that time we'll get to see St Petersburg too.

I'm going to try to join Aaden and Michael and get a little sleep before our flight. I will see you all soon and I can't wait to introduce Aaden.

No comments: