Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Together. Forever. At Last!

Yesterday we picked up Aaden and he has been amazing. We were prepared for some major meltdowns given that he didn't really know us but he has been such a brave little guy so far. He slept most of the 2.5 hour car ride back to the hotel on me but kept reaching his hand out to put on Michael's arm too. It was the sweetest thing. I wish we could have gotten a picture of that.

He was giggling within 5 minutes and really hasn't stopped much since. He really has been all smiles. He also slept from 10pm-7am last night and then took a 2 hour nap today. We are both amazed at how well he is taking this all in. I hope it lasts :) The best part is the orphanage told us he couldn't walk yet because he was too weak. Well, we no sooner got into the hotel and put him down and he was running around. We weren't expecting it so we were shocked but of course so proud of him. He was very proud of himself too as he had a great big smile on his face as he ran around exploring.

Tomorrow we leave for Moscow and have appointments on Thursday and Friday. Then we will head home on Saturday. I will post more in Moscow because we will have internet in that hotel. Bye for now!

7 comments:

JackieMacD said...

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO! I can't wait to see pics! And when he gets to meet big brother Ryan! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so awesome to hear! He's running?! Cool, cool, cool! Have fun chasing him around. I can't wait to see you post that you're all home safe and sound and to see pictures!

your RESOLVE buddy,
Christina

Anonymous said...

God love him, when your mother was telling me how good he was but she was hoping he would have a good night (all of you) and I told your mother last night that he is going to shock everyone and just be great and he was, to sleep that well the first time, that is the best, I love it.
Can't wait to see him in person, I hope he continue's to grow and see all the happiness he is coming into, the king is almost home.
Love,
Aunt Kathy

Christine and Stephen said...

Lori:

I'm so glad that everything is going so well and that Aaden is with you and comfortable!!! I can't wait to hear more and see some pictures!!! Enjoy the next few days before you travel home!!

Christine

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Maybe we'll see each other at the airport as we are leaving to meet our son on Sat. I look forward to hearing about your trip and Aaden's milestones as he starts his life with his family!!! Enjoy this amazing time!
Tammi Swensen

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for your family. Your hearts must be bursting with love for your beautiful little boy. We all cant' wait to meet him when you get home. I especially am looking forward to playdates with Gabriella & Aaden. See you all when you get back. Love,
Meg (Frank, Bella and Brie send their love too)

Anonymous said...

My heart is BURSTING for you right now. Sweet Aaden is FINALLY in your arms!!! I hope the rest of the stay goes smoothly!! Jumping up and down in MD for you!!!

Erin