Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Countdown Begins! 5 days

In 5 days we will have Aaden in our arms. It's hard to believe it is finally here. Today I woke up and did laundry. It was my first time folding tiny clothes. So many mothers do this on a daily basis but for me, today, it seemed miraculous. I am finally able to do these things for my son.

As I leave to run some errands I turn back in my car as I back out of the driveway, there is a baby seat strapped snuggly in the middle of the back seat. As I come home from errands, I open my door to find a cabinet full of toys, a basket of baby books, a changing area, and a new stroller waiting for its little rider to come home next week. I drop off my bags in the kitchen and there’s a high chair and my cabinets now hold baby food and tiny plates, bowls, and sippy cups. I go upstairs and there is a baby’s room. Yes, it has been there for 2 months but this is the first time I am really feeling what it means. I have a son and he will be in that room next week.

Wow, how amazing is that.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Isnt it the best feeling. congrats, you are almost there.

JackieMacD said...

Lori,
I'm so excited. It's amazing how you see those things in a different light now. You're almost there...
xoxo