Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

We're Home

As promised, here are some new pictures of Aaden:
















Unfortunately these are about the only new photos we had time to get. It was a 2.5 hour drive from where we were staying & the court to his baby home. We were hoping to visit him after court but the social worker for the baby home insisted that we had to see him before court (that is protocol for that area but sometimes they make exceptions). Since court was at 11am the first morning we arrived in Bryansk, we had to leave at 5:30am to get out there and then had very little time with him before we had to turn around to make it to court on time. I did get video this time since our video camera was working and I will post that this weekend once I have it all downloaded.

Here are some pictures of the city of Bryansk. This is where our hotel was and the court, Aaden is staying in Klintsy.

The Court House. We wanted to get a picture of Michael and I on the steps after the hearing but we were told you are not allowed to take pictures of the courthouse at all because everything that happens there is suppose to be secret. We got this quick shot of it though when nobody was looking :)
















Bryansk Center with statue of Lenin:


















The city park:
















Our hotel:

4 comments:

Melissa said...

holy cow Lori, I lost your password so I havent followed along in awhile. Congrats and your son is beautiful. Glad you are back to public viewing

Melissa said...

oh, i went private so email me so I can send you an invite adascandlelight at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

These new pictures are wonderful, I sware if I did not know, he looks just like you Lori, and he looks so content on your lap, it is just so natural, I also notice how he holds your hand when he is sitting with you. Ryan will definately make a football player out of Aaden and probably baseball too, thats what big brothers do. Michael you look like a decated dad and you are going to have a great time with this little guy, gee, I wonder who will be the boss in your family now hahaha!!!
Love,
Aunt Kathy

Christine and Stephen said...

Lori:

These new pictures are just wonderful and you and Michael look so happy to finally be back with your little boy!!! Aaden is just adorable and I love that he's holding your hand - he knows his momma!!!

Christine